Print this while you watch this:
Say: Let’s pray for a moment. Let’s close our eyes. You can pray silently in your mind or you can pray out loud.
1. Let’s thank God for loving us.
2. Let’s remember that time when we sinned. Let’s ask God to forgive us for what we did.
3. Let’s ask God to help us make a better choice next time.
4. Is there anything else you would like to say to God?
Watch this while you gather these supplies: Bible, Card Stock or Poster Board, Masking Tape, 2 Miniature Toy Skateboards or Cars, Slalom with Solomon Cards (Printed on sturdy cardstock or taped to poster board)
Parent Note: Before class, tape the 2 Slalom with Solomon boards together. Use the masking tape to create a start and finish line on the floor roughly 3 feet apart (if the floor is carpet) and 5 feet apart (if the floor is tile). The kids will play the game by placing
the bottom edge of the Slalom with Solomon board on the start line at a 70 degree angle and placing their car behind the start line and letting it go.
SAY: We are going to play a game called Slalom with Solomon. I will divide you into two teams. After I ask a question, the team that answers the question correctly will get a chance to slide their mini skateboard down the Slalom with Solomon board. At the end of our activity the team whose skateboard has crossed the finish line the most, wins!
Watch this video:
Teacher Note: This activity is a set of review questions that will appear on the video. Take time to answer and discuss each question with your small group. At the end of this time, take prayer requests and lead a time of prayer with your group.
SAY: Let’s play Bible What’s It? I will divide you into 2 teams. You can work with your team to answer each question. The team who answers the most questions correctly, wins!
SAY: We have learned a lot today about sin, repentance, and forgiveness. What is something new that you learned today? How will you live differently this week because of what you have learned? If you sin, will you choose to repent? How will you ask for forgiveness?
SAY: Let’s pray together. What would you like to say to God today?
PRAY with your children.
A few discussion questions for the way home:
• Today, you learned about the 3rd king of Israel. What was his name? (Solomon)
• Solomon made a great choice and a bad choice. Do you remember which was the great choice and which was the bad choice? (Solomon made a great choice by asking God for wisdom, but made a bad choice by building the temples for his wives to worship their idols.)
• What 2 books of the Bible come after 1 & 2 Solomon? (1 & 2 Kings)
• In Small Group, you thought about a time you had sinned. Can you tell me more about that time?
• How will you live differently this week because of what you have learned?
BIG QUESTION : Today we talked about the word apostasy. Finish this sentence: Apostasy means to ________________.